Monday, June 13, 2011

Fear Him. Trust Him.

Where do you place your faith?  In what or whom do you trust?  I can usually determine for myself where I am placing my trust based on what I fear.  So, what do you find yourself stewing over?  The next election?  The government?  The stock market?  Your family?  Your income?  Your home?  The school system?

The Lord spoke these words to Isaiah.  Isaiah 8:11-13, says,
The LORD spoke to me with his strong hand upon me, warning me not to follow the way of this people.  He said:  "Do not call conspiracy everything that these people call conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.  The LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to fear, he is the one you are to dread..."

Fearing the things of this world should shatter when matched with the holiness of His Lordship.  We have nothing to fear when our trust, reverence and submission is placed rightly, but it cannot be placed in the authorities of this world.  They were never meant to have allegiance over Him.  They are all under His authority.  Fear the One who is worthy of fear.  Trust the One who is worthy of trust.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Prov. 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment