Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quick and Easy Dessert

There is one dessert that has stood the test of time at my house.  Chances are, if you ever make last minute plans to come to my house or make last minute plans to have me over and ask me to bring a dessert, you will have blondies.  My friend, Kari, gave this recipe to me years ago, and I cannot count the times I have used it.  When she passed it along, she commented that I would already have all of the ingredients.  If you make sure to keep chocolate chips in your house, you will too.


Blondies
Melt 1 stick butter
Add 2 C brown sugar
Add 2 eggs

I do not mix dry ingredients separately, but I stir them a little on top before mixing them in.


Add 1 1/2 C flour (I've started using whole wheat)
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
(I even added a scoop of ground flax seed this time around).
1 T vanilla


Stir in 1-1 1/2 C chocolate chips
For variety, you can use toffee chips, white chocolate chips, any variety or add nuts.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  I bake mine for 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment